The Senior Specialist, Assessment, will play a critical role in support for the assessment review activities at EdReports while serving as a leader for the content review teams. They will work closely with the Impact, Outreach, Communication Teams as well as, the Chief Academic Officer and the Executive Director. Specifically, this position focuses primarily on the review of interim assessment materials claiming alignment to the CCSS and NGSS, and will allow for a highly-motivated person to apply their expertise and positively impact the course of assessment in education across the nation. This position provides a unique opportunity for someone who can manage multiple system components, enjoys working at the detail and big-picture level across projects, and wants to contribute to the success of a growing organization.
Lead Assessment Review and Special Projects - 70%
- Partner with the Chief Academic Officer, other content specialists, and contractors to train reviewers, monitor review progress, read evidence collected by reviewers, calibrate across review teams, and ensure evidence guides are being utilized by review teams;
- Lead cross-team, complex projects within assessment, drawing on the expertise of EdReports staff, contractors, and partners.
- Build and maintain relationships with district, state, and non-profit leaders for the purpose of ensuring that our review rubrics, resources and reports are meeting the needs of the field as well as support the use of EdReports reviews during instructional materials selection processes and to build knowledge;
- Represent EdReports at national and local conferences, with partners, clients, and with funders to promote the use of our reports and the importance of high-quality, aligned instructional materials;
- Share expertise and build capacity in others through engagements that assess participant readiness, attend to the learning needs of the audience, and reflect best practices; and
- Seek and develop opportunities (both content-specific and related to EdReports’ larger mission) to build and maintain a national image through engagement with nationally recognized experts in the field, and co-developing and co-presenting professional papers, and professional development.
Support Internal Learning and Messaging - 30%
- Implement a feedback loop from educators and leaders that informs the quality and design of reports and the EdReports website;
- Inform the development and publication of key stakeholder materials, including FAQs, fact sheets, user guides, and templates for state-specific audiences;
- Provide content to support the EdReports communications and outreach strategy, including identifying blogs, executing social media campaigns, and writing content for our website and partner sites;
- Proactively inform EdReports staff regarding changes, advances, and innovations in their content area;
- Identify and enact recommendations for ways to improve review systems and products;
- Proactively shares organization and system knowledge across the organization to inspire others to increase impact on community served; and
- Contribute to the overall strategic direction and effectiveness of the organization, including how best to deliver on commitments established with the Executive Director and Board of Directors.
Travel: up to 20%
- National travel will occur related to organizational needs and for professional learning, as needed. Amount of travel will be monitored to ensure it is appropriate for both the organization and the Senior Specialist, Assessment.
- Passion for EdReports mission;
- Demonstrable nationally-recognized expertise in assessment, standards, and curriculum;
- Experience training and leading educator review teams to identify characteristics of high-quality instructional materials;
- Track record of successfully leading and/or implementing recruiting, marketing and/or outreach and engagement campaigns to meet organizational goals;
- Experience working directly with district, state, and/or nonprofit instructional leaders
- Exceptional ability to build support for new initiatives across a diverse range of stakeholders and audiences, such as business leaders, educators and policymakers;
- Demonstrated ability to synthesize data and present trends to inform organizational strategy;
- Seven to ten years of professional experience in education and/or related fields with experience in the non-profit sector or publishing industry preferred.
- Fluent in MS Office suite (Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) and Google suite, preferred; and
- College degree, required; A Master’s degree (e.g. education, policy, business administration, or related field) is preferred.