EdReports.org is at the forefront of the curriculum reform movement. By increasing the capacity of educators to identify and demand the highest quality curriculum, EdReports.org is both disrupting a multibillion dollar market and transforming the way students are taught and ultimately perform. With the firm belief that what is taught matters and that all students deserve high quality materials, EdReports.org publishes free, online, evidence-rich reviews of instructional materials.
Purpose of Position
The Operations Manager reports to the Chief Operating Officer and serves as an integral member of the operations team. The Operations Manager is responsible for supporting business operations of the organization and providing exceptional support to EdReports.org’s staff and board of directors. This position provides a unique opportunity for an independent thinker who has strong organizational and project management skills, enjoys sweating the details without losing sight of the big-picture, and wants to contribute to the success of a growing organization.
Overall Organization Support – 40%
Event Management – 30%
- Maintain forms, tools, and templates for event requests;
- Work with internal groups to understand the needs on an annual basis for meetings, retreats, trainings, and work with teams to proactively identify locations and timelines;
- Manage all facility and travel logistics planning for trainings, retreats, and sequesters, including working with EdReports staff and travel agent to confirm location, travel and lodging arrangements, catering, audio/visual needs and collaborate with Academic Coordinator and/or event lead when applicable;
- Manage the procurement process for event supplies purchasing, etc. and coordinate with Academic Coordinator when applicable;
- Lead close out calls with event leads to share event actuals and gain feedback;
- Establish and maintain relationships with event vendors to ensure the best experience for staff and attendees; and
- Manage identification, purchase and distribution of branded items for internal and external use.
Organization Support – 10%
- Ambassador for org-wide vendors and policies to direct staff to the proper channels, as needed;
- Manage the procurement process for organizational vendors, new hire supplies, marketing materials, etc. and coordinate with the Academic Coordinator when applicable;
- Create and maintain organizational processes and systems to enhance cross-team efficiencies and organizational effectiveness, including weekly staff meetings; and
- Support day-to-day operations for the organization.
Operations – 60%
Operations Support – 20%
- Maintain calendaring and meeting agendas for Operations Team;
- Support Operations Team in the creation of staff training guides on operational policies and procedures; and
- Work with operations vendors (e.g. technology, finance, event-related, etc.) to build long-term relationships while providing streamlined customer service to staff.
Technology – 15%
- Manage relationship with IT Vendor as the primary point of contact, ensure annual vendor meeting deliverables are being met, and monitor ticket queue for possible support;
- Monitor and support staff with recurring technology issues;
- Identify proper hardware and software for staff and manage the Computer Refresh Procedure;
- Manage the procurement process for new hire equipment; and
- Maintain organizational processes and systems to enhance cross-team efficiencies and organizational effectiveness, including Google Knowledge Management Database and digital storage.
Employee Life Cycle Systems Management – 10%
- Maintain the onboarding system checklist to ensure all new hires are provided access to all EdReports systems and tools;
- Maintain email templates, one-pagers, resources etc. that are used in the onboarding/offboarding process;
- Work with Hiring Manager and HR Manager to ensure offboarding process has been completed; and
- Maintain an accurate and up-to-date staff contact list.
Executive Director and Board of Directors Support – 15%
- Manage Executive Director’s calendaring for external meetings with multiple stakeholders and support general scheduling and coordination for organization-wide meetings and events; and
- Support executive team in obtaining board member data, preparing meeting materials, and supporting reimbursement procedure for board event travel and expenses.
National travel will occur related to organizational needs and for professional learning, as needed. Amount of travel will be monitored to ensure it is appropriate for both the organization and the Operations Manager.
- Passion for the EdReports.org’s mission and vision;
- A minimum of three years of professional experience in project and event management or similar role (educational or nonprofit setting preferred);
- Demonstrated record of strong written and verbal communication with various audiences;
- Professional experience with systems management, particularly with supporting multiple staff;
- Experience managing project logistics and improving organizational processes;
- Fluent in online platforms (MS Office suite, Google suite, Salesforce preferred); and
Bachelor's degree preferred, but not required.