EdReports.org is at the forefront of the curriculum reform movement. By increasing the capacity of educators to identify and demand the highest quality curriculum, EdReports.org is both disrupting a multibillion-dollar market and transforming the way students are taught and ultimately perform. With the firm belief that what is taught matters and that all students deserve high-quality materials, EdReports.org publishes free, online, evidence-rich reviews of instructional materials.
Purpose of Position
The Instructional Materials Manager (IMM) reports to Senior Content Specialist, Mathematics and serves as an integral member of the content review teams. The IMM is responsible for supporting operations of the review process and providing cohesive interpersonal support to EdReports.org’s many educator subcontractors. This position provides a unique opportunity for someone who can manage multiple system components, enjoys working at the detail and big-picture level across projects, and wants to contribute to the success of a growing organization. The IMM will work closely with the Mathematics team, as well as other content teams, to continue improving K-12 education by informing educators’ decisions about high quality and aligned instructional materials to support their classrooms and schools across the country. Specifically, this position focuses primarily on the review of materials claiming alignment to the Common Core State Standards (CCSSM). This position will allow for a highly motivated person to apply their CCSSM to positively impact the course of math education across the nation. This position will initially be working closely in support of the current review of K-8 math materials and will help develop and support systems, site maintenance, and related supports for content review teams (including management of educator-review teams, instructional materials acquisition, calendars, and online platforms).
Support Mathematics Materials Reviews - 75%
- Work with Mathematics team to support tool and evidence creation, review cycles, and report development;
- With support from Mathematics team, support logistics regarding materials procurement between review teams and publishers;
- Manage digital and text resources procured for mathematics review cycles;
- Provide systems, site maintenance, and related supports for content review teams (including systems management of educator-review teams processes, instructional materials acquisition, calendars, contracts, and online platforms like the Content Review Team website, Schoology, SalesForce, SmartSheet, and Google Suite);
- Utilize content knowledge and CCSS expertise to collaborate with content staff in the creation of documents and supports regarding the mathematics review processes (for internal and external audiences);
- Provide proofreading and fact-checking assistance during the review cycle to ensure mathematics materials are being assessed against EdReports tools with fidelity, including troubleshooting operational needs when appropriate;
- Interview prospective educator reviewers; and
- Participate in Mathematics educator reviewer trainings, including planning and supporting facilitation of events and opportunities.
Research Materials and Support Outreach Efforts - 15%
- Monitor research on CCSS content materials and design informed by the national and international mathematics community to both build the pipeline for review and to continually improve both present and future math reviews;
- Stay abreast of relevant CCSS and instructional materials research and articles for purposes of contributing to the knowledge of the team; developing and maintaining research base in Mathematics Tools and Resources ; and
- Participate in Mathematics conferences and workshops, including planning and supporting facilitation of events and opportunities.
Collaborate Within and Across Teams at EdReports - 10%
- In collaboration with colleagues, apply mathematics content knowledge to create documents that help communicate key points including the review process, lessons learned, and other projects as assigned; and
- Provide support to cross-EdReports.org teams/projects as needed.
Travel – Up to 10%
National travel will occur related to organizational needs and for professional learning, as needed. Amount of travel will be monitored to ensure it is appropriate for both the organization and the Instructional Materials Manager.
- Demonstrable passion for the EdReports’ mission and vision;
- Deep expertise in Common Core State Standards, Mathematics, required;
- Professional experience in Mathematics education, required; K-5 classroom and/or leadership experience, preferred;
- Demonstrable mathematics curriculum review experience (within the last five years), preferred;
- Professional experience with managing systems, project logistics, and improving organizational processes, required; Project Management Certification and Supporting multiple staff, preferred;
- Minimum of five years of professional experience in education and/or related fields, required;
- Exceptional written and spoken communications and interpersonal skills;
- Fluent in online platforms (Google Suite, required; Salesforce and LMS systems, preferred); and
- BA in education or related field, required.