EdReports.org is at the forefront of the curriculum reform movement. By increasing the capacity of educators to identify and demand the highest quality curriculum, EdReports.org is both disrupting a multibillion-dollar market and transforming the way students are taught and ultimately perform. With the firm belief that what is taught matters and that all students deserve high-quality materials, EdReports.org publishes free, online, evidence-rich reviews of instructional materials.
Purpose of Position
The inaugural Director of Field Services will lead the development of a multi-faceted strategy for reaching key audiences and ensuring that reports are used to make great decisions for students. With a laser focus on increasing the number of students that have access to quality instructional materials, the Director will identify partners including states, districts, and nonprofits that can best help advance this mission. EdReports already has an impressive track record of success in increasing awareness of the importance of quality materials, designing customized support for partners, and developing resources. We have documented use in over 700 districts and national surveys show that EdReports is the best known and utilized resource for supporting curriculum decision-making in the country.
The Director of Field Services will build on this success and expand the work in order to meet our ambitious impact goals. In the first year, they will partner with the Chief Strategy Officer, Chief Academic Officer, and Executive Director to develop a multi-year strategy for field services, institute new systems for tracking and staffing projects, project grant and contract revenue, and develop and cost out high-quality services.
Lead Organization’s Strategy for Field Support Projects - 70%
Raise awareness of EdReports and the need for high-quality instructional materials, advance the use of EdReports reviews, and support local adoption practices (45%)
- With the Chief Strategy Officer, develop and oversee a portfolio of projects that advance our theory of action and lead to greater demand for high-quality instructional materials.
- Collaborate with the academic, communications, and impact teams to design and oversee the execution of multifaceted outreach campaigns.
- Ensure consistent, high-quality presentations and resources that comprise the base of EdReports’ thought-leadership, field support projects, and related web assets.
- Work with the finance and development teams to create and track project budgets.
- Expand our service delivery offerings to reach new audiences, deepen existing partnerships, and increase impact.
Partner relations (25%)
- Proactively identify state, district, CMO, or nonprofit partners to raise awareness of the need for high-quality instructional materials, advance the use of EdReports reviews as part of smart adoption processes, and support the development of rubrics and resources.
- Develop, oversee, and assign resources to execute a strategy for projecting, securing, and executing on revenue-generating initiatives.
- Represent EdReports with state and district decision-makers, policymakers, and nonprofits.
Organizational Leadership - 15%
- Supervise the outreach team, setting the annual team goals that will support the achievement of the organizational goals and strategic direction and managing a high-achieving team towards even greater impact.
- Contribute to the organizational strategy and governance as a member of the leadership team.
Knowledge Management and Organizational Learning - 15%
- Institute a feedback system from the experiences of stakeholders in the field with our reports and services to inform the short- and long-term development of EdReports services and products.
- Codify impact and learning from partnerships and translate into organizational strategy and organizational storytelling.
- Develop and then ensure execution of process to respond to RFPs, produce scopes of work, and staff projects.
- Oversee the collection and analysis of data to align resources and efforts to maximize EdReports’ impact and reach.
Travel: Up to 25%
National travel will happen regularly throughout the year, as needed for partner relations, service delivery, organizational retreats, and professional learning.
- Passion for the EdReports’ mission and vision;
- Deep expertise in the national curriculum, policy, and standards landscape;
- Demonstrated respect for elevating and promoting educator voice and educator leadership;
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience in school districts, state departments of education, or technical assistance providers;
- 3+ years supervising teams, with a preference for candidates with experience leading multi-layered teams in either a start-up or growing environment;
- Demonstrated success in forming partnerships with states and districts, including prospecting and designing high-quality scopes of work;
- Experience developing and enhancing a suite of products for use in the field;
- Passion for building systems and processes to support high-quality service delivery, employee onboarding and impact tracking; and
- Experience overseeing budgets, projecting revenue, and staffing complex projects.