EdReports.org is at the forefront of the curriculum reform movement. By increasing the capacity of educators to identify and demand the highest quality curriculum, EdReports.org is both disrupting a multibillion-dollar market and transforming the way students are taught and ultimately perform. With the firm belief that what is taught matters and that all students deserve high quality materials, EdReports.org publishes free, online, evidence-rich reviews of instructional materials.
Purpose of Position
The Specialist, Field Services will play a critical role in the success of EdReports. This individual will develop and execute upon key partnerships with states, districts, and nonprofits across the country to advance our mission to ensure that all students have access to high quality instructional materials. EdReports already has an impressive track record of success in increasing awareness of the importance of quality materials and designing customized support for partners and is poised for continued growth in field services. This person will be a key contributor to that growth and joins the organization at an exciting moment of innovation in this aspect of our work.
This individual will be a member of the field services team and will work closely with the Director of Field Services and the content teams to continue improving K-12 education by informing educators’ decisions about high quality, aligned instruction materials to support their classrooms and schools across the country. They will also spend a portion of their time directly contributing to the work of the academics team, in order to support the integration of our work in the field with the ongoing work of producing strong reports. The specifics of this aspect of the role will be based on the expertise of the Field Services Specialist and the current priorities of the academic team.
This position provides a unique opportunity for an independent, strategic thinker who is passionate about our mission, enjoys working with internal and external stakeholders at all levels, and wants to contribute to the success of a growing organization.
Lead Strategic Partnerships with States and Districts – 50%
- Lead a portfolio of state and district partnerships to support the use of EdReports’ resources during the selection and implementation of high-quality instructional materials;
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with leaders within states and districts with which we partner, to ensure successful execution of those partnerships;
- Develop state-specific guidance and materials, and advise the organization on key messages, policies, stakeholders, and considerations in this portfolio;
- Collaborate with members of the EdReports field services and content teams to successfully execute on the activities in the scopes of work;
- Proactively identify opportunities to expand EdReports’ impact with targeted audiences (e.g., CAOs, assistant superintendents, directors of curriculum and instruction) within geographic regions and with high-impact districts; and
- Coordinate with the data strategist, program managers, and impact specialist to ensure that the portfolio is on track to meet organizational goals and impact metrics.
Advance EdReports’ Field Leadership -- 20%
- Initiate and maintain partnerships with state and district leaders, other non-profit organizations and national thought leaders;
- Represent EdReports at conferences and meetings to promote the use of our reports and the importance of high-quality, aligned instructional materials;
- Proactively identify audiences and networks of educators and districts to increase awareness of the importance of instructional materials and EdReports’ resources; and
- Support EdReports’ network of educators in key regions and as part of targeted outreach campaigns to communicate on behalf of the organization and advocate for high-quality instructional materials.
Knowledge Management and Content Development – 15%
- Collaborate with content team members to create resources and supports for smart review processes (for internal and external audiences);
- Share best practices from the field to inform content development and EdReports’ partnership priorities;
- Implement a feedback loop from educators and leaders that informs the quality and design of reports and the EdReports website; and
- Provide content to support the EdReports field services strategy, including identifying blogs, executing social media campaigns, and writing content for our website and partner sites.
Contribute to Key Academic Priorities – 15%
Based on the Field Services Specialist’s area of content expertise and the needs of the academic team, contribute to key academic priorities, such as:
- Partner with the Chief Academic Officer and/or a content director on research and development priorities;
- Inform the development and publication of key stakeholder materials, including FAQs, fact sheets, user guides, and templates for state-specific audiences;
- Coach teams of educators as they deeply engage in the review of instructional materials; and/or
- Partner with the Content Director to monitor review progress, read evidence collected by reviewers, calibrate across review teams, and ensure evidence guides are being utilized by review teams.
Other - As Assigned
- Contribute to the overall strategic direction and effectiveness of the organization;
- Lead and support cross-functional teams on projects as needed; and
- Other duties as assigned.
Travel: up to 25%
This is a primarily field-facing role with regular national travel throughout the year, as needed for partner relations, service delivery, organizational retreats, and professional learning. Travel cadence will vary across the year based on partner needs.
- Passion for the EdReports’ mission and vision;
- Deep understanding of K-12 education and its political and policy landscape, including standards, curriculum, and textbook procurement and adoption;
- Experience with instructional materials adoption processes, whether experience leading the process within a state or district or experience supporting district or state leaders with instructional materials adoptions;
- Demonstrated ability to effectively lead multiple complex, cross-functional projects;
- Excellent project management skills and an ability to work efficiently and prioritize effectively in a fast-paced environment;
- Ability to influence and motivate diverse stakeholders at all levels of the education system, including state, district, school, and teacher leaders;
- Demonstrated ability to synthesize data and present trends to inform organizational strategy;
- Exceptional written and spoken communication skills;
- Seven to ten years of professional experience in education and/or related fields;
- Bachelor’s degree, required