EdReports.org is at the forefront of the curriculum reform movement. By increasing the capacity of educators to identify and demand the highest quality curriculum, EdReports.org is both disrupting a multibillion-dollar market and transforming the way students are taught and ultimately perform. With the firm belief that what is taught matters and that all students deserve high quality materials, EdReports.org publishes free, online, evidence-rich reviews of instructional materials.
Purpose of Position
The Academic Coordinator reports to Chief Academic Officer and performs various tasks in support of the organization. This position serves to aid the Academic Office in building and maintaining cohesive policies, procedures, and practices across the content teams. This position provides a unique opportunity for an independent thinker who is highly detail-oriented, enjoys working with internal and external stakeholders at all levels, and wants to contribute to the success of a growing organization.
Academic Office Support – 60%
- Create and Maintain systems and processes through which the content teams can more effectively and efficiently communicate and collaborate internally and externally;
- Coordinate reviewer recruitment cycle and process including but not limited to tracking and communicating with applicants, aiding in task submissions, and scheduling reviewer interviews for all content teams;
- Coordinate and calendar meetings of the collective Academic Office (e.g. listening tours, partner meetings, advisory panels, publisher meetings, and other events that require attendance of more than one content area director/team and/or are meetings with multiple external academic experts.);
- Collaborate with the academic team members and other staff to manage all planning and logistics for events of the academic office such as trainings, retreats, sequesters, tool development meetings, etc.;
- Facilitate shipping and return of instructional materials to/from reviewers;
- Track and assist execution of reviewer, consultant, and other contracts for materials review; and
- Work with the content teams to update and maintain data regarding cluster health, performance notes, demographic details, etc. in Salesforce for the purposes aiding in dashboard development and maintenance.
Outreach and Workshop Coordination Support – 30%
- Support content team members in preparing materials for State, District, and other client trainings; and
- Collaborate with the Operations and Program Coordinators to assist with coordination of conference and workshops planning and attendance tracking including providing materials to accompany attendees and assist in making travel arrangements as necessary.
- Collaborate with the Operations and Program Coordinators to ensure smooth coordination between departments to align with overall organization goals; and
- Other duties as assigned.
Travel – Up to 5%
National travel will occur, as needed, and will be related to the above referenced key responsibilities. Amount of travel will be monitored to ensure it is appropriate for both the organization and the Coordinator.
- Passion for the EdReports.org’s mission and vision;
- A minimum of three years of professional experience in administrative support or similar role (educational or nonprofit setting preferred);
- A minimum of three years of professional experience in coordinating multi-level projects or similar role;
- Demonstrated record of strong written and verbal communication with various audiences;
- Experience with data management, particularly with supporting multiple staff;
- Experience managing internal and external scheduling;
- Fluent in online platforms (MS Office suite and Google Suite, required. Smartsheet and Salesforce, preferred); and
- Bachelor’s degree in business, communications, education, or related field, preferred, but not required.
Including, but not limited to standing and sitting for long periods of time; speaking loudly and clearly; seeing and hearing things both near and far away; and reaching, stooping, kneeling, and fine-finger and hand manipulation in use of a computer, chalkboard, dry erase board, or projector. Employee is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as preparing and analyzing data and figures, transcribing, viewing a computer terminal, and extensive reading.
Download the job description to view required core competencies.
Interested and qualified applicants are required to submit a resume and cover letter (with salary requirements). Please click here to apply.